Someone asked for my log - what is it?¶
If you ask for help with a technical issue, it is likely that somoeone will ask for your log (also known as
Log.txt) - this is a file that x-plane writes which contains any errors that are experienced.
- It is found in the root of your X-Plane folder (Likely
Desktop/X-Plane 11/Log.txton Windows, other OSes may vary)
- It is rewritten on every startup, so if you have an issue with the 787, you need to load up x-plane, select the 787 and wait for it to load, then quit X-Plane.
- You should always upload the whole file
- Do not send screenshots of bits of it
- Do not copy and paste it (it can be very long)
- Do not edit it in any way